A number of these publications are behind paywalls. I am happy to send PDFs of all work to anyone who requests them. Please just email.
- Porter, Mark (forthcoming) ‘Christian Musical Innovation and Changing Ecological Relationships’ [pre-print] in: Journal of Contemporary Religion.
- Porter, Mark (2020) ‘Fleeing the Resonance Machine: Music and sound in “emerging church” communities' in: Journal of Contemporary Religion.
- Porter, Mark (2020) ‘How (Ethno)musicological is God? Ethnomusicology, Theology, and the Dynamics of Interdisciplinary Dialogues’ in: Religion – Musik – Macht. Ed. by Wolfgang Müller and Franc Wagner. Basel: Schwabe Verlag.
- Porter, Mark (2020) ‘(Almost) a decade of congregational music studies’ in: The Hymn.
- Porter, Mark (2017) ‘Charismatic worship and cosmopolitan movement(s)’ in: Liturgy.
- Porter, Mark (2017) ‘Singing beyond territory: Hillsong and church planting in Oxford, UK’. In: “You call me out upon the waters”: Critical Perspectives on the Hillsong movement. Ed. by Tanya Riches and Tom Wagner. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Porter, Mark (2016). ‘Sounding back and forth: directions and dimensions of resonance in congregational musicking’ in: Journal of the American Academy of Religion.
- Porter, Mark (2016). ‘Marginal spaces at St Aldates, Oxford’ in: Journal of Contemporary Religion 31.2, pp. 239–253.
- Porter, Mark (2014). ‘The Developing Field of Christian Congregational Music Studies’ in: Ecclesial Practices 1.2, pp. 149–166.
- Porter, Mark (2013). ‘Moving between musical worlds: Worship music, significance and ethics in the lives of contemporary worshippers’. In: Christian congregational music: performance, identity, and experience. Ed. by Monique M Ingalls, Carolyn Landau and Tom Wagner. Aldershot: Ashgate.
- Porter, Mark (2013). ‘Contemporary worship music: different perspectives’. In: Church Music Quarterly March 2013, pp. 16–18.
- Porter, Mark (2020). Review of ‘Music, Education, and Religion: Intersections and Entanglements’ in: Music & Letters.
- Porter, Mark (2020). Review of ‘Jewish Religious Music in Nineteenth-Century America’ in: Reading Religion.
- Porter, Mark (2019). Review of ‘The Devil’s Music: How Christians Inspired, Condemned, and Embraced Rock ‘n’ Roll’ in: Popular Music.
- Porter, Mark (2019). Review of ‘@ Worship’ in: Journal of Media, Religion and Digital Culture.
- Porter, Mark (2018). Review of ‘Singing the Gospel along Scotland's North-East Coast, 1859-2009’ in: Folk Music Journal.
- Porter, Mark (2017). Review of ‘Kirchenmusik als sozioreligiöse Praxis’ in: The World of Music (New Series).
- Porter, Mark (2016). Review of ‘Resounding transcendence: transition in music, religion, and ritual’ in: Music & Letters.
- Porter, Mark (2015). Review of ‘Evangelicals, Worship and Participation’ in: Theology 118.4, pp. 295–296.
- Spring 2021. Installation for The Christian Nation Project '“Where there is unity, God commands a blessing”: Power and the Performance of Difference in Irish and UK Blessing Videos'.
- December 2020. Interview for New Books Network 'Ecologies of Resonance in Christian Musicking'.
- December 2018. Interview for Church Times feature ‘Where next for Contemporary Worship Music’.
- November 2017. Interview for Music and the Church Podcast ‘Who Listens to Contemporary Worship Music’.
- June 2017. Interview for WortMelder blog ‘140 Zeichen für die Forschung: Soziale Medien in der Wissenschaft’.
- 2012 ‘Review: pay the musick by the king/cave project’ – blog post for transpositions.co.uk.
- 2011. ‘A transformational passion’. – blog post for transpositions.co.uk.